KTA-Tator, Inc. (KTA) is a consulting engineering and inspection firm internationally recognized as a world-leading expert specializing in protective coatings and linings. KTA’s hallmark services include coatings failure analysis, forensic laboratory investigations, and independent laboratory testing of coatings performance, among a much broader array of integrated service offerings.
Our Professional Services Business Unit has a wonderful opportunity for a reliable self-starter with attention to detail to work in our Analytical Laboratory. This is a temporary to permanent opportunity. We are looking for high caliber candidates with a desire to perform to meet group and company objectives as a chemical technician to support Laboratory Services.
The expectations posed by this opportunity include performing standard test methods, conducting analytical methods to support forensic investigations, and preparing data for technical reports. Specific responsibilities would include preparing samples; conducting wet chemistry tests to characterize paint composition and physical properties; and performing infrared spectroscopic analysis.
The position offers opportunity for professional development, advancement and contributing to department growth. You will be considered successful in this position when, within 12 months you have:
- Followed standardized testing procedures for coatings;
- A basic knowledge of paint chemistry and analytical methods;
- Effectively maintained supervisor communications while supporting multiple projects simultaneously;
- Utilized coatings inspection instruments and visual guides;
- Scheduled sample preparation and testing with attention to deadlines;
- Displayed competency in completing assigned tasks;
- Submitted reliable test results for supervisor review; and
- Verified that all work is conducted in accordance with the laboratory’s QC program.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Associate’s Degree in Chemical Technology or related field with relevant experience OR a Bachelor’s Degree in Material Science, Chemistry, Engineering or related field
- Proficient writing and communication skills
- Good organization
- Windows applications experience, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, & Excel
- Near distance vision and color vision
- Ability to safely lift 40 or more pounds
- Ability to feel textures
- Ability to wear respiratory protection
KTA is a casual, friendly workplace, where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. We are an employee-owned company, run with family-inspired values and ethics, where diverse perspectives, experiences, and capabilities are embraced and valued. The employees of KTA are dedicated to making each other, the company and our clients successful. We believe that serving our clients as we want to be served results in long lasting business relationships. We strive to recruit, develop, and support people from diverse backgrounds, and are committed to helping you take your career to a new and exciting level. At KTA, you’ll work, learn from, & become one of the best in the industry.
KTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are ACTIVELY looking to increase the DIVERSITY of our company. While all candidates will be considered, KTA especially encourages female, minorities, veterans, and candidates with disabilities to apply to this and all job postings. KTA is a Standing Firm Company. Elzly Technology Corporation (Elzly) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of KTA-Tator, Inc. (KTA). AA/EEO
We strive to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our career page, need assistance completing the application process, or if you have Diversity, Affirmative Action or Equal Employment Opportunity questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org