Traveling Retail Building Inspector
KTA-Tator, Inc. (KTA) is a 100% employee-owned consulting engineering, testing, and inspection firm internationally recognized as a leading expert in asset protection, specializing in materials engineering, protective coatings, and concrete/steel fabrication inspection. KTA’s Commercial Services Group provides building systems consulting services through a variety of offerings, including building envelope diagnostics with an emphasis on moisture intrusion, masonry, and paint problems, specifying repairs, and providing quality assurance services during remodel projects.
KTA is seeking full-time Commercial Retail Building Inspectors to travel throughout the United States (including AK, HI, and Puerto Rico). This position is a combination of extensive travel with overtime and periodic time in the office to review and complete reports. Work that will be performed consists of conducting comprehensive building assessments for big box store retail clients. The assessments involve:
- Identifying exterior and interior coating problems;
- Conduct and record results of various types of building diagnostic tests on floors and interior and exterior walls;
- Gather building condition data and obtain measurements of building components and defects;
- Take field notes and summarize the results electronically;
- Interfacing with onsite building restoration contractors and complete quality assurance reports; and
- Examining the building envelope for design or construction deficiencies.
This position is open to all candidates with the following qualifications:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Building Construction or related field – preferred
- Ability to travel extensively for 3-4 weeks at a time
- Experience with reading, interpreting, and editing/revising blueprints or as-built drawings (utilizing construction software such as Bluebeam, AutoCAD, Adobe Pro)
- Experience with construction, repair, painting and/or renovation of retail buildings
- Experience with concrete slabs, masonry construction, and/or roofing – preferred
- Experience using a laptop and iPad
- Proficiency with Word and Excel
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
Drug testing and a criminal background and motor vehicle check will be conducted.
- Ability to perform a significant amount of walking around project sites
- Ability to sit/drive for long periods of time
- Ability to climb ladders (must be comfortable taking readings and working while on a ladder)
- Manual dexterity (to handle small objects, instruments, or gages)
- Ability to safely lift 50 pounds
- Color perception, close, distance, and depth vision; ability to adjust focus
KTA is a casual, friendly workplace, where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. We are an employee-owned company, run with family-inspired values and ethics, where diverse perspectives, experiences, and capabilities are embraced and valued. The employees of KTA are dedicated to making each other, the company, and our clients successful. We expect client interaction from everyone at KTA and believe that serving our clients as we want to be served results in long lasting business relationships. We strive to recruit, develop, and support people from diverse backgrounds, and are committed to helping you take your career to a new and exciting level. At KTA, you’ll become a member of one of the best teams in the industry.
KTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are ACTIVELY looking to increase the DIVERSITY of our company. While all candidates will be considered, KTA especially encourages female, minorities, veterans, and candidates with disabilities to apply to this and all job postings. KTA is a Standing Firm Company. Elzly Technology Corporation (Elzly) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of KTA-Tator, Inc. (KTA). AA/EEO
Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal
The Family and Medical Leave Act
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Notice of E-Verify Participation
We strive to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our career page, need assistance completing the application process, or if you have Diversity, Affirmative Action or Equal Employment Opportunity questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org