Entry Level Materials Engineer
Elzly Technology Corporation (Elzly) is seeking to fill multiple full-time Entry Level Materials Staff/Project Engineer positions to support a myriad of clients and exciting projects. The open positions would be at either Elzly’s Reston, VA or Vineland, NJ office. Elzly is a growing consulting-engineering firm that provides technical and subject matter expertise for the prevention and control of corrosion. Our services include assisting our clients with field investigations of corrosion phenomena, research and testing of materials, developing training materials, and development of specifications. Culturally, we focus on providing our customers a valuable service while creating an enjoyable and professional organization, allowing employees maximum opportunity to express their individual talents and participate in professional development activities through in-house, hands-on, formal training, and certifications.
- A successful candidate will work with other technical staff on various projects for the Department of Defense and other government and commercial clients. Projects the Staff/Project Engineer will immediately support tangibly improve military readiness by addressing and preventing corrosion on air, ground and sea weapons systems as well as infrastructure assets.
- Duties vary by project assignment; examples include assisting with field inspections and demonstrations, design of prototype devices, proof of concept testing, research/literature reviews, data entry/analysis, specification writing, development of presentations, and basic project management/oversight.
- As the successful candidate gains experience at Elzly, they can expect increasing levels of technical and management responsibility on larger and more complex projects, and more client interaction (position responsibilities and compensation will be commensurate with successful candidate’s level of experience).
- Travel will be required and varies by job assignment (expected minimum of 33%)
- Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen and be willing to pursue (or have) a Government security clearance.
- Entry-level to nominally two years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor's degree in sciences or engineering (or high school diploma/GED with 10 years of relevant work experience or Military experience) – required
- Related experience in corrosion, coatings, or materials science in addition to prior Military experience – highly desired
- Candidates must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Writing samples will be requested if not submitted with the resume. Our primary products are written reports and memoranda based on the analytical work performed, as well as briefings to clients.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office in addition to the ability to work effectively both collaboratively and independently, including in a remote environment – required
- The candidate should have demonstratable experience with the use of basic hand tools; familiarity with electronic and mechanical systems, and laboratory test equipment.
- Experience with LabVIEW, CAD/3D modeling, Minitab, computer programming, and electronic circuitry – desired
Elzly is currently operating under a flexible telework structure ideal for motivated individuals and self-starters. Job flexibility (i.e., telework) will be commensurate with the ability of the candidate to work independently and effectively in a remote environment, but the expectation is that a majority of the work will take place in our Reston, VA or Vineland, NJ office, or at our client sites.
Close, distance, color, and depth vision, manual dexterity (to handle small objects, instruments, or gages), ability to adjust focus, work from a ladder or lift occasionally, safely lift 20 pounds, walk on uneven ground or terrain, work in confined spaces, crawl for extended periods of time, enter 24” diameter space, hear, work outside (including inclement weather), wear a respirator, speak and smell.
Elzly offers competitive pay, great benefits, including two fantastic retirement plans (ESOP & 401K), and is a casual, friendly workplace, where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. We are an employee-owned company, run with family-inspired values and ethics, where diverse perspectives, experiences, and capabilities are embraced and valued. The employees of Elzly are dedicated to making each other, the company and our clients successful. We believe that serving our clients as we want to be served results in long lasting business relationships. We strive to recruit, develop, and support people from diverse backgrounds, and are committed to helping you take your career to a new and exciting level. At Elzly, you’ll work, learn from, and become one of the best in the industry.
KTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are ACTIVELY looking to increase the DIVERSITY of our company. While all candidates will be considered, KTA especially encourages female, minorities, veterans, and candidates with disabilities to apply to this and all job postings. KTA is a Standing Firm Company. Elzly Technology Corporation (Elzly) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of KTA-Tator, Inc. (KTA). AA/EEO
We strive to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our career page, need assistance completing the application process, or if you have Diversity, Affirmative Action or Equal Employment Opportunity questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org