KTA-Tator, Inc. (KTA) is a 100% employee- owned consulting engineering firm internationally recognized as a leading expert in corrosion protection. KTA’s hallmark services include coating failure investigation, coating recommendations, and coating specification preparation. KTA also offers expertise in corrosion control (cathodic protection, corrosion investigations, corrosion inhibition, materials selection), materials technology (fiber reinforced polymers, polymers, cementitious materials and metals), and destructive/non-destructive testing.
KTA’s Consulting and Engineering Department is part of our $9 million Professional Services Business Unit which provides consulting, engineering, and laboratory services to a broad range of clients in various industries. KTA is seeking a senior consultant to support our business expansion in the technical areas of corrosion control, materials science, structural steel failure analysis, and destructive/non-destructive testing. The individual should have a demonstrated technical background and a desire / vision to expand business opportunities in their area(s) of expertise. This position requires extensive travel and will allow you to work remotely. KTA Consultants can work in various industries investigating and resolving corrosion and other materials durability problems. We are looking for the best and brightest candidate with experience in industrial and commercial industries who can bundle field evidence with forensic laboratory analysis to solve materials problems. At KTA, you’ll work with and learn from the best in the industry.
This is a challenging position that requires big picture thinking, proactive behavior, complex issue management, dispute resolution skills, and the ability to balance and prioritize the demands of multiple clients and projects. The successful candidate will:
- Perform independent investigations of corrosion and material failures;
- Work with KTA laboratory personnel to help direct the forensic analysis of corrosion and material failures;
- Provide litigation support and expert witness services;
- Broaden KTA’s subject matter expertise;
- Prepare proposals including scope of services, staffing, and cost components;
- Prepare technical specifications for corrosion protection;
- Increase our consulting and engineering business;
- Enhance KTA’s industry presence through committee participation, technical papers, and/or delivery of presentations; and
- Deliver technical training.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Minimum B.S. degree in Engineering or Sciences – required
- Related Industry Certifications – preferred
- Ten years of experience in materials durability, corrosion control, or non-destructive testing– preferred
- Knowledge of corrosion control, materials science, structural steel failure analysis, or destructive/non-destructive testing
- Effectively works remotely with support from corporate office
- Ability to climb steel structures
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Ability to travel extensively
KTA is a casual, friendly workplace, where employees are treated with dignity and respect and are valued for their contributions. We are an employee-owned company, run with family-inspired values and ethics. We are proud to offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package!
Our employees are dedicated to making each other, the company, and our clients successful. We believe that serving our clients as we want to be served results in great and long-lasting business relationships. We provide the training, mentoring, and support to take your career to a new and exciting level.
KTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are ACTIVELY looking to increase the DIVERSITY of our company. While all candidates will be considered, KTA especially encourages female, minorities, veterans, and candidates with disabilities to apply to this and all job postings. KTA is a Standing Firm Company. Elzly Technology Corporation (Elzly) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of KTA-Tator, Inc. (KTA). AA/EEO
We strive to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our career page, need assistance completing the application process, or if you have Diversity, Affirmative Action or Equal Employment Opportunity questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org