KTA-Tator, Inc. (KTA) is a 100% employee-owned consulting engineering firm internationally recognized as a leading expert in corrosion protection. KTA is the largest provider of 3rd party coating inspection services in the country, and a major player in steel and concrete fabrication inspection. KTA’s hallmark professional services include coatings failure investigations and laboratory analysis, among a broader array of integrated service offerings all aimed at protecting the world’s infrastructure.
KTA is recruiting an experienced full time Civil Engineer in the Pittsburgh area to plan and execute civil inspections and repair and construction of civil assets, as required, for a chemical processing facility. The Civil Engineer will support the Lead Civil Engineer in developing corrective action plans, budget planning for inspections, tracking condition history, keeping the asset register up to date, updating the Manage Threats and Opportunity (MTO) register, and supporting Quality Assurance (QA) for the Civil discipline.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Planning and execution of inspections which will include, but will not be limited to, the following: passive fireproofing, cooling water tower structure/basin, concrete pedestals, bridges, buildings, concrete area paving, concrete structures, flare structures, interceptors, jetties, personnel access facilities, pipe tracks, process/storm drainage systems, railroads, retention ponds, retention walls, roads, secondary containment, and steel structures;
- Maintaining technical data in the Inspection Management System (IMS);
- Generating and managing CAIRs (Corrective Action Inspection Requests) for Civil assets which do not meet their functional requirements;
- Overseeing and coordinating 3rd party inspections including review of inspection reports; and
- Ensuring the company approved codes and standards are complied with, through supporting Quality assurance for Maintenance and Capital Projects.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience as a Civil Inspector in construction and maintenance of industrial plants under the direction of an experienced P.E.
- OR Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline with Pennsylvania Professional Engineering (P.E.) licensure and 4 years of experience in design and maintenance of industrial plants
- OR Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline with E.I.T. and 10 years of experience in design and maintenance of industrial plants under the direct supervision of an experienced and registered Civil Engineer.
- Knowledge in most of the following codes, standards, and guidelines: ACI, AISC, ASCE, ASTM, OSHA, NFPA, AREMA (American Railway Engineering & Maintenance-of-Way Association), ASME B30 (Safety Standards for Monorails & Cranes).
- The ability to design and generate computer aided and/or hand sketches for repair of Civil assets.
- Strong computer skills, including but not limited to Microsoft Office products.
- Experience writing technical reports.
- This position requires close, color, distance, depth vision and ability to adjust focus; Climbing, bending, and working on uneven terrain; the ability to type, write, speak, and hear.
KTA offers competitive pay, great benefits, including two fantastic retirement plans (ESOP & 401K), and is a casual, friendly workplace, where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. We are a 100% employee-owned company, run with family-inspired values and ethics, where diverse perspectives, experiences, and capabilities are embraced and valued. The employees of KTA are dedicated to making each other, the company and our clients successful. We believe that serving our clients as we want to be served results in long lasting business relationships. We strive to recruit, develop, and support people from diverse backgrounds, and are committed to helping you take your career to a new and exciting level. At KTA, you’ll work, learn from, and become one of the best in the industry.
KTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are ACTIVELY looking to increase the DIVERSITY of our company. While all candidates will be considered, KTA especially encourages female, minorities, veterans, and candidates with disabilities to apply to this and all job postings. KTA is a Standing Firm Company. Elzly Technology Corporation (Elzly) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of KTA-Tator, Inc. (KTA). AA/EEO
We strive to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our career page, need assistance completing the application process, or if you have Diversity, Affirmative Action or Equal Employment Opportunity questions, please contact us at email@example.com