Entry Level Field Technician
Elzly Technology Corporation (Elzly) is a growing engineering consulting firm specializing in corrosion prevention and control, is looking to hire a Entry Level Field Technician. This individual would primarily support fieldwork for our Department of Defense and commercial clients by performing visual and instrumental assessments of equipment and summarizing their findings into written reports. Equipment to be assessed would include infrastructure, heavy equipment, ships, aircraft, and electronics. This role would be based out of our Reston, VA or Vineland, NJ offices and would require extensive travel - up to 75%. Most destinations would be domestic, though some may be international. The successful candidate would have a technical background, a keen eye for detail, mechanical aptitude, and a collaborative spirit.
RESPONSIBILITIES & CONSIDERATIONS:
- Collect visual condition-based coating and corrosion-related data on infrastructure, heavy equipment, ships, aircraft, and electronics. This will be accomplished through the use of an iPad and other instrumentation (e.g., thickness gages, adhesion testers, etc.) so familiarity with or aptitude to learn and use electronic equipment proficiently is required.
- Coalesce findings into summary reports and work with Elzly staff to craft deliverables.
- Most field work is conducted outdoors in industrial settings, in various environmental conditions, in groups, and in pairs; some is conducted individually. The prospective candidate must be comfortable in various settings and mesh will with a team while also being able to execute work on their own.
- Background in scientific or engineering field; B.A. or B.S. – preferred
- Background or experience in the corrosion prevention field preferred – particularly in the areas of coatings and cathodic protection
- Background in inspection, logistics, or maintenance – preferred
- Background or experience in US military preferred
- 0-5 years of work experience
- Well-organized, strong interpersonal skills, dependable
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen and be willing to pursue (or have) a Government security clearance
Close, distance, color, and depth vision, manual dexterity (to handle small objects, instruments, or gages), ability to adjust focus, work from a ladder or lift occasionally, safely lift 20 pounds, walk on uneven ground or terrain, work in confined spaces, crawl for extended periods of time, enter 24” diameter space, hear, work outside (including inclement weather), wear a respirator, speak and smell.
Elzly offers competitive pay, great benefits, including two fantastic retirement plans (ESOP & 401K), and is a casual, friendly workplace, where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. We are a 100% employee-owned company, run with family-inspired values and ethics, where diverse perspectives, experiences, and capabilities are embraced and valued. The employees of Elzly are dedicated to making each other, the company and our clients successful. We believe that serving our clients as we want to be served results in long lasting business relationships. We strive to recruit, develop, and support people from diverse backgrounds, and are committed to helping you take your career to a new and exciting level. At Elzly, you’ll work, learn from, and become one of the best in the industry.
KTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are ACTIVELY looking to increase the DIVERSITY of our company. While all candidates will be considered, KTA especially encourages female, minorities, veterans, and candidates with disabilities to apply to this and all job postings. KTA is a Standing Firm Company. Elzly Technology Corporation (Elzly) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of KTA-Tator, Inc. (KTA). AA/EEO
We strive to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our career page, need assistance completing the application process, or if you have Diversity, Affirmative Action or Equal Employment Opportunity questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org