- Reston, VA
- Full Time
- Entry Level
Elzly Technology Corporation (Elzly) may have future needs for a full-time Staff Engineer to support a myriad of clients and exciting projects. This position would be at one of Elzly’s three main office locations (Vineland, NJ; Reston, VA; or Philadelphia, PA), with consideration for a full-remote position depending on experience. Elzly is a growing consulting-engineering firm that provides technical and subject matter expertise for the prevention and control of corrosion. Our services include assisting our clients with field investigations of corrosion phenomena, research and testing of materials, developing training materials, and development of specifications. Culturally, we focus on providing our customers a valuable service while creating an enjoyable and professional organization, allowing employees maximum opportunity to express their individual talents and participate in professional development activities through in-house, hands-on, formal training, and certification.
- The successful candidate will work with other technical staff on various projects for the Department of Defense and other government and commercial clients. Projects the Staff Engineer will immediately support tangibly improve military readiness by addressing and preventing corrosion on air, ground and sea weapons systems as well as infrastructure assets.
- Duties vary by project assignment; examples include assisting with field inspections and demonstrations, design of prototype devices, proof of concept testing, research/literature reviews, data entry/analysis, specification writing, and development of presentations.
- As the successful candidate gains experience at Elzly, they can expect increasing levels of technical responsibility on larger and more complex projects, and more client interaction (position responsibilities and compensation will be commensurate with successful candidate’s level of experience).
- Travel will be required and varies by job assignment (expected minimum of 15%)
- Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen and be willing to pursue (or have) a Government security clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in sciences or engineering – required
- Related experience in corrosion, coatings, or materials science in addition to prior Military experience – highly desired
- Candidates must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Writing samples will be requested if not submitted with the resume. Our primary products are written reports and memoranda based on the analytical work performed, as well as briefings to clients.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office in addition to the ability to work effectively both collaboratively and independently, including in a remote environment – required
- The candidate should have demonstratable experience with the use of basic hand tools; familiarity with electronic and mechanical systems and laboratory test equipment is also a plus.
- Experience with LabVIEW, CAD/3D modeling, Minitab, computer programming, and electronic circuitry – desired
Elzly is currently operating under a flexible telework structure ideal for motivated individuals and self-starters. Elzly seeks to identify the best candidate regardless of geographic location. Proximity to current or potential Elzly client Military installations is a plus (e.g., Patuxent River, MD; Aberdeen, MD; San Diego, CA, etc.). Job flexibility (i.e., telework) will be commensurate with the ability of the candidate to work independently and effectively in a remote environment.
Close, distance, color, and depth vision, manual dexterity (to handle small objects, instruments, or gages), ability to adjust focus, work from a ladder or lift occasionally, safely lift 20 pounds, walk on uneven ground or terrain, work in confined spaces, crawl for extended periods of time, enter 24” diameter space, hear, work outside (including inclement weather), wear a respirator, speak and smell.
KTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are ACTIVELY looking to increase the DIVERSITY of our company. While all candidates will be considered, KTA especially encourages female, minorities, veterans, and candidates with disabilities to apply to this and all job postings. KTA is a Standing Firm Company. Elzly Technology Corporation (Elzly) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of KTA-Tator, Inc. (KTA). AA/EEO
We strive to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our career page, need assistance completing the application process, or if you have Diversity, Affirmative Action or Equal Employment Opportunity questions, please contact us at email@example.com