Entry Level Field Technician
KTA-Tator, Inc. (KTA) is a 100% employee-owned consulting engineering, testing, and inspection firm internationally recognized as a leading expert in asset protection, specializing in materials engineering, protective coatings, and concrete/steel fabrication inspection. KTA’s Commercial Services Group provides building systems consulting services through a variety of offerings, including building envelope diagnostics with an emphasis on moisture intrusion, masonry, and paint problems, specifying repairs, and providing quality assurance services during remodel projects.
KTA is seeking a full-time Entry Level Field Technician to travel throughout the United States (including AK, HI, and Puerto Rico). Work that will be performed consists of assisting with data collection associated with conducting comprehensive building assessments for retail clients, including:
- Identifying exterior and interior coating problems on concrete, CMU, EIFS, metal, plastics, and traffic markings;
- Conducting visual examinations around the entire building from roof to grade;
- Conduct and record results of various types of building diagnostic tests;
- Gather building condition data and obtain measurements of building components and defects;
- Take field notes and communicate the information to others verbally, handwritten or electronically; and
- Examining the building for design or construction deficiencies.
This position is open to all candidates with the following qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent – required
- Ability to travel extensively for weeks at a time
- Experience with construction, repair, painting and/or renovation of retail buildings
- Experience with concrete slabs, masonry construction, and/or roofing
- Experience using a laptop and iPad/tablet
- Proficiency with Excel
- Strong data collection, written and oral communication skills
- Valid driver’s license
Drug testing and a criminal background and motor vehicle check will be conducted.
- Ability to perform a significant amount of walking around project sites
- Ability to sit/drive for long periods of time
- Ability to climb ladders (must be comfortable taking readings and working while on a ladder)
- Manual dexterity (to handle small objects, instruments, or gages)
- Color perception, close, distance, and depth vision; ability to adjust focus
KTA is a casual, friendly workplace, where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. We are an employee-owned company, run with family-inspired values and ethics, where diverse perspectives, experiences, and capabilities are embraced and valued. The employees of KTA are dedicated to making each other, the company, and our clients successful. We expect client interaction from everyone at KTA and believe that serving our clients as we want to be served results in long lasting business relationships. We strive to recruit, develop, and support people from diverse backgrounds, and are committed to helping you take your career to a new and exciting level. At KTA, you’ll become a member of one of the best teams in the industry.
KTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are ACTIVELY looking to increase the DIVERSITY of our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. KTA is a Standing Firm Company. Elzly Technology Corporation (Elzly) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of KTA-Tator, Inc. (KTA). AA/EEO
Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal
The Family and Medical Leave Act
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Notice of E-Verify Participation
We strive to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have
the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center and application process as a result of your disability or if you have Diversity, Affirmative Action or Equal Employment Opportunity questions. To request an accommodation, please contact us at email@example.com